- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe with Check-In QR codes
The Department employs apprentices through the Government Apprenticeship Scheme. All apprentices are employed in three or four year Contracts of Training and will gain a nationally recognised trade qualification.
Apprenticeships that may be offered in The Department include:
- engineering (mechanical, civil and electrical)
- plant operator
Anyone seeking an apprenticeship with the South Australian Public Sector is eligible to apply. There are no age restrictions.
Payment for Apprentices
Apprentices are paid according to the award in which they are employed.
Apprentices may be placed in metropolitan and regional locations throughout South Australia.
Guarantee of Employment
Apprentices who have performed to the standards expected by the department and who have met all the learning criteria within their award will be offered an ongoing position.
The Department advertises through out the year as apprentices are required. Please refer to I Work for SA for advertised vacancies.
For further information visit the Skills SA apprenticeship and trainee website.
Would you like to subscribe to our entry level employment mailing list to hear about entry level employment opportunities, application opening dates and more? CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTRY LEVEL PROGRAMS MAILING LIST