- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
Our Internship Program welcomes university and tertiary students to undertake an unpaid industry placement as part of their tertiary education. This program provides students the opportunity to put theories into practice, develop specific skills and gain work experience in the fundamental aspects of a particular profession.
Multiple disciplines ranging from Engineering to Human Resources, ICT, Media, Project Management and Law are offered. This program is usually for 12 or 20 weeks in duration, depending on course requirements.
If you are looking for the opportunity to kick start your career and start networking in your industry, then apply now for an Internship at DIT.
To be eligible for the Internship Program, you must:
- be a currently enrolled Tertiary/ University level student
- be undertaking the work placement as a requirement of your course of study
- be available during the agreed placement dates
- covered by your University or Tertiary Institutions Public Liability Insurance.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted throughout the year but placements are subject to availability. The department strives to find a placement for all applicants, however suitability for placements will be considered on a case-by-case basis, including, but not limited to the applicant’s areas of interest, and the capacity of the respective teams.
If you wish to register your interest in an internship with the department, click here to obtain an application form (PDF, 552 KB), and return the completed form to DIT.Recruitment@sa.gov.au.
When you are applying:
- Please ensure that your application form is reviewed and signed by the authorised placement coordinator at your university/tertiary institution.
- Please attach your Resume and most current Academic Transcript along with the application form.
- Please allow at least three month’s notice prior to the requested internship dates.
All applications will be processed by the department’s Organisation Performance and Development team alongside the manager of the relevant work area.
For enquiries regarding your application or the process, please read the application form first and then if your question remains unanswered, please contact the Organisation Performance and Development team at DIT.Recruitment@sa.gov.au.
For enquiries about all other types of employment at DIT, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to subscribe to our entry level employment mailing list to hear about entry level employment opportunities, application opening dates and more? CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTRY LEVEL PROGRAMS MAILING LIST