- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - December 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Strategic Asset Management Information System
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
Connect - 18 December 2020
Message from the Chief Executive
Recognising excellence in stakeholder engagement
This week, the department was presented with two ‘Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Customer driven and Safety’ (TRACS) awards from Torrens Connect at their annual Reward and Recognition ceremony.
One was awarded to the Traffic Management Centre recognising their efforts in listening to the tram drivers’ improvement suggestions and implementing strategies to provide priority at key signalised intersections. The other was presented to SAPTA for our collaborative working approach during the transition of tram operations to Torrens Connect and their first six months of service.
These are excellent examples of the results we can achieve through a close working relationship with our stakeholders.
Busting congestion on the Freeway
Our South Eastern Freeway Managed Motorway Measures Project has reached an important milestone with the completion of main works.
This includes the conversion of an existing emergency lane into a third full-time travel lane, the delivery of an additional lane in each direction between Crafers and Stirling to ease congestion, and the installation of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) to enable continuous monitoring of traffic conditions and detection of incidents.
Well done to all teams involved in this important infrastructure project.
Constructing our biggest regional infrastructure projects
The department has officially started major construction for two of the biggest regional infrastructure projects ever undertaken in SA; the Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication Project in Port Augusta, and the Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication Project.
Together, these projects are expected to support 209 jobs per year throughout delivery and will improve safety and freight productivity along the National Land Transport Network.
To mark the occasion, two videos have been released giving great insight into the scale of works being undertaken. Click on the links below to watch each video:
Drone image of the Joy Baluch AM Bridge
Travelling free on New Year’s Eve
With New Year’s Eve just around the corner you may be starting to plan for a night out. Adelaide Metro is once again offering free travel on buses, trains and trams operating to special timetables from 5 pm on December 31 to dawn on January 1.
I encourage you to check Adelaide Metro’s special event page to access the New Year’s Eve timetable, and thank you to all the staff helping us deliver our vital public transport service across the festive season.
Opening the new Flinders line
After a big year of delivering infrastructure projects, we will soon add one more project to our list.
The new Flinders train line and Tonsley and Flinders Railway Stations are expected to be open from first service Tuesday 29 December, pending the completion of testing and training that is now well underway along the line.
New Flinders line trains operate under an enhanced timetable which was developed after extensive consultation.
For more information visit the Adelaide Metro website.
Supporting students’ learning journey
The Walpaara Anpa Awards is an annual departmental initiative for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Year 10 students who demonstrate leadership qualities and have strong aspirations to complete their schooling and progress into further study or employment.
This year we received a record number of 70 applications from Year 10 students across the state. After careful consideration, the department presented the awards to 15 students from across metropolitan and regional South Australia, and the successful applicants each received a laptop computer to support their learning journey into Year 11 and 12.
Congratulations to all of the students and staff involved.
As we move into the festive season we do a shorter flashback this week, to 2016 when our department was invited to participate in the Adelaide Christmas Pageant aboard the Ye Olde Pageant Tram float.
Our staff thoroughly enjoyed representing the department in their whimsical costumes at this event and brought public transport-themed Christmas cheer to the families lining the street.
If you have any comments, suggestions, questions or concerns, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.