- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Trial of bicycle lane alternate line markings on Portrush Road, between Magill Road and Greenhill Road, Linden Park
Following community engagement in June 2015, The Department has completed the installation of new bicycle lanes and signage on Portrush Road, between Magill Road, Norwood and Greenhill Road, Linden Park.
The next stage of the project is to proceed with the trial of enhanced, alternate line markings on various sections of Portrush Road to investigate the effectiveness in providing additional safety and separation between vehicles and cyclists.
The trial will focus on the use of modified urban audio tactile line markings which are slightly raised, meaning drivers can hear and feel the change in the road surface, alerting them if they stray into the bicycle lane.
The trial line markings will be installed prior to Christmas 2015.
Your feedback on the trial of the line markings is important and can be made via the following survey http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2489676/557ef607f11b
Three locations have been chosen for the audio tactile line marking:
- Magill Road to Beulah Road section (south bound)
- Kensington Road to The Parade section (north bound)
- Kensington Road to Stafford Grove section (south bound).
This project is funded through the Responsive Road Safety Program.
Should you have any questions regarding this project, please email email@example.com.