O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
About the Project
The Department of Infrastructure and Transport (DIT) is upgrading the junction of Payneham Road and O.G. roads, Felixstow. The project will improve road safety, traffic efficiency and access for cyclists at this location by making the following improvements:
- Provision of an additional right turn lane from Payneham Road to O.G. Road
- Widening of the left turn lane from Payneham Road to O.G. Road
- Extension and widening of the left turn lane from O.G. Road to Payneham Road
- Widening of Payneham Road
- Installation of new traffic signal infrastructure
- New road lighting
- Provision of new bicycle lanes
- Installation of new medians and pedestrian islands.
DIT COVID-19 Response
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
Engagement with community and industry is crucial and we will facilitate information sessions as much as possible to enable face to face engagement. It is important to assist in managing these events that you register as requested to enable physical distancing as much as possible.
Project Time Frame
The junction upgrade works commenced on Wednesday 9 October 2019, with the completion expected in mid 2020, weather permitting. Click here for more information.
P: 1300 794 880