- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- State Aquatic Centre and GP Plus Health Care Centre
- Adelaide Convention Centre
- Adelaide Crafers Highway
- Bakewell Underpass
- Gawler Rail Revitalisation
- Belair Line Renewal
- Darlington Upgrade Project
- Mawson Connector
- Northern Expressway
- Port Adelaide Viaduct Upgrade
- Port River Expressway
- Sturt Highway Upgrade
- Tramline Extension - City West to Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Tramline Extension - Victoria Square to City West
- Victor Harbor Road / Main South Road Junction
- Riverbank Bridge
- Bald Hills Road Interchange
- Humbug Scrub Roundabout
- Port Road, Queenstown bike lanes
- Penola Northern Bypass Project
- Lobethal Freight Access Upgrade
- Main South Road, Candy Road and Lander Road Intersection Upgrade
- Streets for People: Hart Street
- Regional Bridges Project
- Greenhill Road Median Safety Improvements
- Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection safety upgrade
- Main North Road Realignment via Anama Lane
- Park Tce/Fitzroy Tce/Torrens Rd Upgrade
- Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
- Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
- Marion Road Planning Study
- Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median Project
- Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
- O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
- Arthur Road
- Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
- Main North Road/Dalkeith Road Intersection Upgrade
- Gawler Street Pedestrian Crossing, Nuriootpa
- O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
- Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
- Regency Road and Churchill Road, Prospect, Intersection Upgrade
- North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
- Main North Road Median Upgrade - George McCullum Road and Curtis Road
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- Southern Expressway
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Birkenhead Bridge
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- City Tram Extension
- Oaklands Crossing
- Flinders Link Project
- Railcar Depot Relocation
- Glengowrie Tram Depot Upgrade
- Stations Upgrade Program
- Adelaide Railway Station Refurbishment
- Seaford Rail Extension
- South Road Superway
- LeFevre Peninsula
- Thomas Foods International access
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
- Stebonheath and Womma Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Stephen Terrace and Ninth Avenue
- Find your next job opportunity
- Bakewell Underpass
Park Terrace, Fitzroy Terrace, Torrens Road Upgrade
The Australian and South Australian Governments are continuing to build world class infrastructure in South Australia by undertaking early works projects for the North-South Corridor, Torrens Road to River Torrens Project.
The $11.3M upgrade of Park Terrace, Fitzroy Terrace and Torrens Road will improve efficiency and safety. The project will provide benefits to all road users by addressing the current traffic congestion along this route. The project will also ease traffic congestion when major construction works on the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project gets underway later this year.
The Park Terrace, Fitzroy Terrace and Torrens Road upgrade consists of:
- An additional traffic lane in each direction on Park Terrace / Fitzroy Terrace east of Port Road through to Prospect Road, utilising the wide centre median that currently exists along most sections of these roads.
- The existing bicycle lane on the southern side of Fitzroy Terrace between Prospect Road and Torrens Road, will be removed and a new bicycle/pedestrian path constructed through the Parklands (subject to Council agreement). On road bicycle lanes will remain along the rest of the project.
- The provision of a third city-bound lane on Torrens Road, utilising the existing long left turn lane into Churchill Road as it crosses the rail line and removing the dedicated bus lane on the northern approach to the Churchill Road intersection.
- Controlled signalised right turn movements from Park Terrace into Hawker Street and War Memorial Drive.
- Removal of trees in the centre median on Park Terrace between Fourth Street and Sixth Street.
- Revegetation in service road medians where possible and practical.
No land acquisition is required for this project as widening will occur within the road corridor or road reserve.
The design of this upgrade aims to minimise impacts on adjacent land uses, owners and tenants, while balancing the constraints of this upgrade, including its close proximity to the Parklands, the rail overpass, the Bowden redevelopment and the existing high voltage power lines. All of these factors have been balanced with the project objectives of improving efficiency and safety for road users. Consequently, the majority of the design is constrained. However there are certain elements such as landscaping and revegetation which are being discussed with local Council.
See below to view the plans of the proposed upgrade:
- Upgrade plan Sheet 1 (PDF, 701 KB)
- Upgrade plan Sheet 2 (PDF, 769 KB)
- Upgrade plan Sheet 3 (PDF, 397 KB)
Click here to view the latest Project Update brochure (PDF, 452 KB) .
The community engagement period closed on 30 January 2015. A range of comments were received from the local community, stakeholders and from people who walk, drive and cycle along these roads. Out of the 1300 letters sent to people living in the adjacent community and key stakeholders, a total of 42 submissions were received.
The department has reviewed all feedback received and, where possible, suggestions have been incorporated into the final design.
Construction will start in late July 2015 and is expected to take approximately six months to complete, weather permitting.
Some night work will be required to minimise disruption to road users and to complete the project in the shortest possible time. Night works will be managed to minimise disturbance to the local community as much as possible and adjacent residents will be provided with advance notice.