Options under consideration
* please click on the options for further details.
** all measurements are for indicative purposes only.
Developing a solution which:
- is sympathetic to the existing area
- maintains the residential character and high-street function of Brighton Road, Hove
- minimises property acquisition
- mitigates visual impact
- improves traffic flow
- improves liveability adjacent to the passenger rail corridors.
The level crossing is constrained by residential property and businesses
We invite you to watch a presentation by the Department’s Executive Director of Transport Project Delivery, Jon Whelan, on the design options currently being assessed to deliver the Hove Level Crossing Removal Project.