Station Refresh Program
About the project
On 9 June 2021, the State Government announced railway stations across Adelaide will receive makeovers as part of a commitment from the 2021-22 State Budget. The initiative provides $99 million over 10 years to refresh railway stations in the metropolitan rail network.
The program will be delivered by the Department for Infrastructure and Transport and will improve amenity and safety at railway stations on Adelaide’s passenger rail network. The works will include new and refurbished shelters, new seating and bins, LED lighting upgrades, and other minor works such as painting and landscaping.
The program will support 110 full time jobs at construction peak.
Stations to be upgraded between 2021-22 and 2024-25 include:
- 14 stations along the Gawler Rail Line ($20.0 million, jointly funded (50:50) by the Australian and South Australian Government
- Adelaide Railway Station ($6.4 million)
- Goodwood Railway Station ($5.0 million)
- Ovingham Railway Station ($10.0 million)
- Ethelton Railway Station ($5.0 million)
- Woodlands Park Railway Station ($1.5 million).
Contact the project
Phone: 1300 794 880