Aldinga Payinthi College Intersection Upgrade
About the project
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport (the Department) is delivering local road improvements to support the construction of the new Aldinga Payinthi College at Aldinga. This upgrade is funded by the South Australian Government and will improve the safety and efficiency for all road users near the College.
Key local upgrades near Aldinga Payinthi College will include:
- a new roundabout at the intersection of Quinliven, How and Bowering Hill roads in Aldinga;
- new Shared Use Paths and upgraded pedestrian facilities, including three dedicated pedestrian refuges as part of the new roundabout;
- relocation of the existing koala crossing 80 metres east on Quinliven Road;
- new and upgraded LED lighting for the extent of the works;
- new line marking and drainage; and
- pavement construction and surfacing and new median and kerb.
Construction is underway, and to date works have included site establishment, excavation activities, concrete works, and the relocation of underground services.
From 11pm Friday 24 September until 6pm Sunday 9 October 2021, construction will commence on the new roundabout and road surfacing. To safely undertake these works, traffic from all directions will be unable to access the intersection, and will be restricted to local resident traffic only.
Works are being conducted during the school holidays while traffic volumes in the area are lower.
For further information download a copy of the latest works notification
Project completion is expected in late 2021, weather permitting.
The majority of the works are being undertaken Monday to Saturday, between 7am and 6pm.
Traffic restrictions and night works will be required as the works progress, with advance notice provided.
To find out more about the project or register for future updates, please contact the project team at the following:
- Email DIT.CommunityRelations@sa.gov.au
- Call 1300 794 880
For further information about Aldinga Payinthi College visit: www.education.sa.gov.au/AldingaPayinthi