- Darlington Transport Study
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- Road Management Plans
- Southern Expressway
- Adelaide to Melbourne Road Corridor
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- Main South Road Duplication
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Regional Road Projects
- South Eastern Freeway - Managed Motorway Measures
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Hahndorf Traffic Study
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Fullarton Road and Cross Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Victor Harbor Road Duplication
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Thomas Foods International access
- Birkenhead Bridge
- North East Road & South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
The Adelaide Hills township of Hahndorf is a premier tourist destination with around 1,000,000 visitors each year. The main street through Hahndorf carries around 11,000 vehicles per day including around 600 commercial vehicles. The traffic volume is growing by 1.9% per year.
The Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study is being undertaken by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DIT).
Funded by the Australian Government, the study will identify and assess options to address congestion, connectivity, freight efficiency and safety in and around Hahndorf, with a focus on the main street. Issues to be investigated will include:
- the impact of road traffic, in particular heavy vehicles
- amenity and safety
- pedestrian and cyclist safety
- connectivity in the main street and accessibility to side streets and off street parking
A contract to undertake the Planning Study was awarded to Jacobs Group (Australia) Pty Ltd.
At this time funding has only been allocated for the Planning Study. There is no funding allocated for the implementation of any works.
The study, to be completed in mid-2020, will complement the Hahndorf Township Plan released by the District Council of Mount Barker in March 2018.
DIT COVID-19 Response
To help safeguard the DIT project team and the community, we have implemented measures to manage the risks of, and our response to, contracting COVID-19.
These include but are not limited to, increased personal hygiene practices and limiting face-to-face contact.
The project team will provide construction updates and work notifications via social media, letterbox drops, emails and the Project website. We are also available to speak via telephone (1300 794 880).
We encourage the community to register for email updates.
There will be no planned community events or information sessions until further notice
We invite your feedback
Community and stakeholder engagement will be undertaken throughout the planning study to help identify the key issues and contribute to the development of potential options. Opportunities to provide feedback and input will be promoted.
Community engagement is a very important part of the Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study. To have your say please:
Phone: 1300 794 880
To stay informed about the project please register here.