- North-South Corridor
- Road Management Plans
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- 'Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study' and 'Hahndorf Township Improvements and Access Upgrade Project'
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Subscribe for Updates
- Old Belair and James Road Junction
- Russell Street / Main Road / Sheoak Road Junctions
- Shepherds Hill Road, Brighton Parade and Waite Street Intersection
- News and Publications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact us
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Tollgate to Crafers
- South Australian Rural Highway Corridor Upgrades
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
- Nairne Intersection Upgrade
- Fleurieu Connections
- Angle Vale Riverbanks College Junction Upgrades
- Aldinga Payinthi College Intersection Upgrade
- Transport Network Planning Studies Program
- Marion Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Sturt Highway Corridor Upgrade
- Salisbury Highway Asphalt Resurfacing Works
- Regional North-South Freight Route Upgrade
- Truro Bypass Project
- Port Road between Grand Junction Road and Earle Avenue, Cheltenham
- Horrocks Highway Upgrades
- APY Lands Main Access Road Upgrade
- Long Valley Road Improvement Works
- Majors Road Upgrade
- Nottage Terrace and North East Road Intersection Upgrade
- Brighton Road Intersection Upgrades
- Karoonda Highway Upgrades
- Princes Highway Upgrades
- Heysen Tunnels Refit and Safety Upgrade
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Bridgewater to Callington
- Fitzroy Terrace Bicycle and Pedestrian Actuated (push button) Crossing Project.
- Wellington Road and Heysen Boulevard Roundabout
- Heaslip Road and Curtis Road Intersection Upgrade
- Amy Gillett Bikeway Extension Project
Karoonda Highway Upgrades
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport (the Department) is undertaking approximately 75 kilometres of upgrade works on the Karoonda Highway between Pichera Bore Road and the Murray Bridge Township.
This $10 million project is jointly funded (80:20) by the Australian and South Australian governments to deliver essential safety upgrades and improvements along the Karoonda Highway.
These works will include:
- shoulder reconstruction and sealing;
- curve widening;
- road resurfacing; and
- drainage extensions.
Works commenced in January 2022, and are being undertaken from 6:30am to 5:30pm, seven days a week. Completion is expected in mid-2022, weather permitting.
Community and industry engagement will form an important component across the life of the project. We look forward to keeping you up to date in the coming months about this project.
We encourage the community to register for email updates.
For more information please contact:
Phone: 1300 794 880
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.