Early Works Update – December 2020
We’ve started Ground Investigations on the Torrens to Darlington (T2D) Project.
In August 2020 we started a drilling and engineering survey program in areas close to South Road.
The information from these investigations will help refine and inform the final design and determine the exact locations of the tunnels.
The drilling program involves using a drill rig to drill boreholes into the ground to collect samples so we can test local geotechnical and hydrogeological ground conditions.
During Phase 1 we`ll set-up approximately 200 drilling sites and conduct around 5000 tests along the corridor.
Drill locations have been carefully selected to minimise impacts to road users, businesses and residences as much as possible while ensuring we gather this crucial data, however in some cases unavoidable short term road closures are required. Phase one drilling program will conclude early 2021 with Phase two continuing through to late 2021.See Current Activities below for exact locations and dates and times.
Phase one ground investigations will continue in early January and February 2021.
We’ll set-up temporary work sites in the following suburbs with properties impacted directly notified in advance:
- Black Forest
- Clarence Gardens
- Clarence Park
- Clovelly Park
- Melrose Park
- Mile End South
- St Marys
Detours, signage and traffic controllers will be in place to manage traffic flow and ensure motorists, cyclists and pedestrians are able to safely navigate around our work areas.
Our engineering survey teams are on ground along the corridor.
The survey teams are collecting information on kerbs, footpaths, underground and overhead services and any other relevant features within the existing road corridor. The information collected via the use of surveying personnel and electronic equipment, will aid in the development of the design.
In some instances as part of the surveying works, you may notice line marking, identified via coloured paint, so you may notice difference symbols painted onto the footpaths and roadways.
There should be no impact to residences or businesses, whilst undertaking these works and the extent of the survey works and/or markings on the ground do not necessarily correspond to areas impacted by the project in the final design.
- Ground Investigation works Gumbowie Ave, Edwardstown January 2021
- Ground Investigation works Rose St ,Melrose Park January 2021
- Ground Investigation works Gladys St, Clarence Gardens December 2020 (PDF, 133 KB)
- Ground Investigation works York Ave Reserve, Clovelly Park December 2020 (PDF, 135 KB)
- Ground Investigation works Kegworth Reserve ,Melrose Park December 2020 (PDF, 131 KB)
- Ground Investigation works John St ,Richmond December 2020 (PDF, 141 KB)
- Ground Investigation works Maude St ,Glandore December 2020
- Ground Investigation works Price St ,Melrose Park NEW DATES December 2020
- Ground Investigation works Stirling St ,Keswick December 2020
- Ground Investigation works William St ,Mile End November 2020
- Ground Investigation works Danby St ,Torrensville St, Mile End November 2020
- Ground Investigation works Cowra St, Mile End November 2020
- Ground Investigation works Margaret St, Glandore November 2020
- Ground Investigation works Glengyle Tce, Glandore November 2020
- Ground investigation works York Ave, English Ave Clovelly Park - October 2020 (PDF, 194 KB)
- Ground investigation works Burt Avenue, Hilton September 2020 (PDF, 54 KB)
- Ground investigation works Ragless Street, St Marys - September 2020 (PDF, 304 KB)
- Ground investigation works adjacent Ashley Street, Torrensville - September 2020 (PDF, 206 KB)
- Ground investigation works Cuming St, Mile End - September 2020 (PDF, 193 KB)
- Ground investigation works York Ave Reserve, Scottish Ave, Clovelly Park - September 2020 (PDF, 185 KB)