- North-South Corridor
- Road Management Plans
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- 'Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study' and 'Hahndorf Township Improvements and Access Upgrade Project'
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- South Australian Rural Highway Corridor Upgrades
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Tollgate to Crafers
- Nairne Intersection Upgrade
- Fleurieu Connections
- Angle Vale Riverbanks College Junction Upgrades
- Aldinga Payinthi College Intersection Upgrade
- Transport Network Planning Studies Program
- Marion Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Sturt Highway Corridor Upgrade
- Salisbury Highway Asphalt Resurfacing Works
- Regional North-South Freight Route Upgrade
- Truro Bypass Project
- Port Road between Grand Junction Road and Earle Avenue, Cheltenham
- Horrocks Highway Upgrades
- APY Lands Main Access Road Upgrade
Salisbury Highway Asphalt Resurfacing Works
About the project
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport is undertaking major asphalt resurfacing works on Salisbury Highway, between Elder Smith Road, Mawson Lakes and the connection with the Port River Expressway, Wingfield. The works will also include resurfacing the on and off ramps at the intersection of Port Wakefield Road and Salisbury Highway.
Resurfacing will be undertaken on 5.5 kilometres of Salisbury Highway and will improve road safety and network reliability, support economic activity and deliver a smoother, more reliable journey.
This project is funded under the State Government’s Metro Road Stimulus Program and the Periodic Maintenance Program, and support 50 full time equivalent jobs.
Stage one of the works will be from west of Elder Smith Road, to west of the Port Wakefield Road overpass. Stage two will be from east of Kidman Road, to east of the Port River Expressway/Northern Connector interchange.
Stage one works are scheduled to commence on Monday, 13 September, 2021, and stage two works are expected to be completed in late December, 2021.
We encourage the community to register for email updates.
From Monday, 13 September 2021, for approximately eight weeks, stage one works will be undertaken between Elder Smith Road (west of the intersection with Salisbury Highway) and west of the Port Wakefield Road overpass.
To minimise impacts to road users, the majority of Stage one works will be undertaken at night, Sunday to Friday between 7pm and 6am.
To safely undertake these works, speed and lane restrictions will be in place. Restrictions will also remain during the day, subject to on site conditions. Please take extra care when workers are on site. Observe speed limits, lane restrictions and traffic controllers when travelling through the area.
Detours will be required intermittently throughout the works. Advanced notice of the detours will be provided via the website, the DIT Facebook page at www.facebook.com/DFITSA or on site electronic messaging boards.
Businesses will remain open and the community is encouraged to continue to support local businesses.
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
If you have any further enquiries or would like to register your interest in the project to receive updates, please: