- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Walpaara Anpa - Aboriginal Year 10 Secondary Students Award
What is the Walpaara Anpa Award?
The Walpaara Anpa award is an initiative that has been developed to encourage academic participation targeting year 10 Aboriginal secondary school students across South Australia. A laptop computer is awarded to students in different regional categories for successful applicants.
Who is eligible to apply for an Award?
Aboriginal students completing Year 10 and enrolled to complete your SACE. You must have attended school regularly and achieved consistent satisfactory results throughout the academic year.
Walpaara Anpa Award Conditions
- The Student Application form and the Application Support forms from your Teacher and Parent/Guardian are completed and submitted by the due date.
- A current copy of your School Report Card is attached to your application forms.
- The laptop will be provided with software. Ongoing upgrades and computer support are not included.
- Your attendance at school must be consistent and your academic achievement must be satisfactory.
A selection panel of three people will be established to assess the applications to ensure a balanced assessment of applications.
The panel will be comprised of three Aboriginal people.
To apply for the Walpaara Anpa award:
Parent Support Application
Teacher Support Application
Applications must be submitted by the last day of Term 3
For further information concerning the 2021 Walpaara Anpa awards, please contact the:
Cultural Consultant, Aboriginal Employment
Department of Infrastructure and Transport
GPO Box 1533
Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: (08) 8402 1827
Walpaara Anpa is Arabunna for “clever one”. Permission to use this term was given by Arabunna Elder, Sydney Strangways. The term Aboriginal is inclusive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.