- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Covid-19 SA Border Requirements - Essential Travellers, 12 August 2020
Wednesday, 12 August 2020
Information for Essential Travellers – Commercial Transport and Freight Services
Earlier this week a Victorian essential traveller truck driver was advised of a positive COVID-19 test while working in SA. One close contact who travelled with the man was identified. Upon entering the state, both men followed the Cross Border essential traveller protocols and therefore pose no risk to the South Australian community. This highlights the importance of essential travellers in transport and freight services continuing to be tested with the use of masks and quarantine as required.
Road and Rail Testing Facility – Port Augusta
A dedicated testing facility has been established at Port Augusta for truck and train operators. The facility is in operation seven days from 8am to 11 pm. No bookings or referrals are required.
Puma Port Augusta Truck stop
Lot 8, National Highway 1
Operational 0800 – 2300, seven days per week.
Heavy Vehicle Worker COVID-19 Testing
The State Government continues to work to provide testing facilities to meet the needs of the freight industry. A reminder that dedicated sites for heavy vehicle COVID-19 testing continue to operate at the following locations;
Yamba Quarantine Station, National Highway, A20
Operational 0700 to 2100, seven days per week.
· Tailem Bend
Caltex Service Station, 8786 Princes Hwy
Operational 0800 to 1600 hours, seven days per week.
Road Border Entry Requirements
A reminder that all travellers into South Australia are required to complete a cross border registration form that must be completed 72 hours prior to arrival.
Commercial Transport and Freight Services Essential Travellers approved to enter SA from NSW, ACT and Victoria must produce evidence of having a COVID-19 test, or a COVID-19 test result, that is not more than seven days old, upon request from an Authorised Officer (eg SA Police Officer), or obtain a test as soon as practicable on entering SA.
Police Officers at the border will note whether evidence of a test was sighted or a direction to obtain a test was given. You can use the referral form you received at the border to attend a drive-through testing clinic.
All commercial transport and freight Essential Travellers who are residents of Victoria must wear a face mask when entering South Australia and self-quarantine in their truck or other private arrangements when not undertaking work-related duties. This is not a requirement for essential freight workers who are not Victorian residents.
There are no restrictions on travellers who have completed cross border registration from low community transmission zones such as NT, QLD, WA and TAS provided that they have not been any other place than the low community transmission zone. There is no requirement to self-quarantine while waiting for test results; unless displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
Maritime Crew Essential Travellers
Fact sheets, linked below, have been provided for the Maritime industry to detail;
- An overview of Australia’s requirements for maritime crew, with information to state and territory websites for specific maritime exemptions.
- Updates to PPE recommendations for marine pilots.
For updates relevant to industry directions issued in South Australia, visit www.dpti.sa.gov.au/covidborderinfo