Darlington Upgrade Project
Familiarise yourself with the new Darlington roads and ramps – from the comfort of your screen
A suite of Darlington user experience animations have been developed to help you navigate through the new roads and ramps.
Select your start or end road to see a list of user experience videos that apply to your travel. Watch the video by clicking on the video title.
Select your start or end road from the drop downs to watch the video that relates to your travel here.
You can also watch all videos via our YouTube Playlist.
The Darlington Upgrade Project is another important stage in the delivery of Adelaide's North-South Corridor and will deliver an upgrade of approximately 3.3 kilometres of the existing Main South Road, including:
- A non-stop motorway between the Southern Expressway and north of Tonsley Boulevard
- A non-stop motorway passing underneath Flinders Drive, Sturt Road, Sutton Road/Mimosa Terrace, Ayliffes Road bridge and Tonsley Boulevard
- Grade separation of the Main South Road/Ayliffes Road/Shepherds Hill Road intersection
- Main South Road (at grade) surface roads along both sides of the lowered motorway to provide connections to Flinders Drive, Sturt Road, Tonsely Boulevard and most local roads
- Full free flow interchange at the Southern Expressway/Main South Road with dedicated ramps providing direct access to, and from, the new motorway and Main South Road
- A two-lane overpass for northbound traffic travelling east on to Ayliffes Road
The $754.5 million project is jointly funded by Australian and State governments ($603.6 million federally funded and $150.9 million state funded). The project is scheduled for completion in mid-2020.
DIT COVID-19 Response
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
Engagement with community and industry is crucial and we will facilitate information sessions as much as possible to enable face to face engagement. It is important to assist in managing these events that you register as requested to enable physical distancing as much as possible.
The Flinders Link Project is a joint initiative of the Australian and South Australian Governments to extend the Tonsley rail line to create new connections to our health, innovation and education precincts.