- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Weekend works rail line closures
Thursday, 12 November 2020
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport advises there will be temporary full or partial closures for each Adelaide Metro rail line on the weekend of 28 – 29 November.
The following rail closures are required from first service Saturday, 28 November until last service Sunday, 29 November, to facilitate works on Adelaide Metro’s electrified rail network:
- Gawler partial line closure between Adelaide Railway Station and Salisbury Interchange, with substitute buses to operate between Adelaide and Salisbury
- Seaford partial line closure between Adelaide Railway Station and Brighton Railway Station, with substitute buses to operate between Adelaide and Brighton
- Belair full line closure, with substitute buses to operate between Adelaide and Belair
- Outer Harbor and Grange full line closures, with substitute buses to operate between Adelaide and Outer Harbor and Grange.
As previously announced, the ongoing Gawler partial line closure is required for works as part of the Gawler Rail Electrification Project, and the Tonsley line will be fully closed for two weeks from Friday, 20 November for essential testing and driver training ahead of the line being reopened as the Flinders line, as part of the Flinders Link Project.
The Department has taken this opportunity to schedule other works which require full or partial line closures so that they can all be undertaken concurrently, and on a weekend when patronage is typically lower, to minimise overall impacts to rail passengers.
The partial Seaford line closure is required to allow essential maintenance works to be undertaken on the line’s overhead wiring system.
The remaining Belair, Outer Harbor and Grange full line closures are required to facilitate electrification works within Adelaide Railway Yard.
These works are required as part of the Gawler Railway Electrification Project and cannot be carried out while trains are operating within any of the rail corridors leading in to Adelaide Railway Station.
More information on these rail closures and the substitute buses will be available at www.adelaidemetro.com.au from tomorrow.
The Department also reminds passengers that Botanic tram line services will not operate on North Terrace between King William Street and East Terrace on Saturday, 28 November and Sunday, 29 November to facilitate works to replace light poles on North Terrace.
The Department thanks you for your patience while these important works are undertaken.