- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
Works on Roads by Other Organisations
Works on Roads Undertaken by Other Organisations
1. Roads Under Care and Control of the Commissioner of Highways
Arterial roads in South Australia are usually under the care and control of the Commissioner of Highways pursuant to the Highways Act 1926 (SA).
for details of these roads.
If organisations other than DIT propose to work on these roads, the requirements specified on this page must be complied with.
2. Obtain Permission to Carry Out Roadworks
Before undertaking any work on an Arterial Road, The Department must be notified.
to obtain permission to work on DIT roads.
3. Roadworks Construction Adjacent to Existing Arterial Roads Whenever a company or other organisation wishes to construct roadworks on or adjacent to an existing arterial road, a formal agreement or deed with the Commissioner must be signed. This most commonly occurs when constructing access to commercial developments such as shopping centres or installing utility services. The deed will be drafted by the DIT legal unit.
4. Specification for Work on Roads by Organisations Other Than the Commissioner of Highways Where an organisation undertakes the excavation and reinstatement of an existing pavement on an arterial road (for example, to install or maintain a utility service) the work must comply with the DIT Specification for Work on Roads by Other Organisations. This specification also includes requirements for other any work on roads that require temporary traffic control.
for the Specification for Work on Roads by Other Organisations or Companies.
5. Reinstated Pavement Configuration
Whenever excavation takes place on an Arterial Road, the pavement must be reconstructed in accordance with the approved configuration.
|Click here||for the Pavement Reinstatement Configuration Diagrams.|