- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Future Tender Program - June 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
Applications are now closed!
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport has exciting opportunities for you to gain experience working in an organisation that delivers the State’s major infrastructure projects and transport networks across the State.
The successful candidates will experience working within an agency with highly skilled and experienced professionals across multiple specialised fields. Your role as a Graduate Officer will be challenging and rewarding within an agency that is focussed on delivering effective and efficient transport, and valuable social and economic infrastructure.
The successful candidates will be placed in a pool for a period of 12 months and may be appointed as opportunities arise, with a number of roles available for immediate start. Vacancies for the pool are being advertised as an ASO2 and PO1 classification levels.
Most placements are located within Adelaide CBD, although some opportunities may be available across the Adelaide Metropolitan Region.
We invite applications from students who have completed their civil, mechanical or electrical engineering degree and other relevant degrees. Placements are available across a wide range of disciplines the following areas:
- Project Management
- Contract Management
- Asset Management (road and rail)
- Transport Planning
- Data Analytics
- Road Design
- Road Materials, Pavements
- Road Surfacing
- Electrical, ITS and Communications
- Road Safety
- Human Resources / Industrial Relations
- Information Technology
- Law / Business
What We Look For In a Candidate
We are looking for bright and innovative graduates who are looking to develop a diverse range of skills and embrace the Department’s values, including:
- Good interpersonal skills, empathy and cultural awareness;
- High level of initiative and accountability;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Innovation and creative thinking;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, empathy and cultural awareness;
- A commitment to achieving outcomes which benefit the South Australian community;
- A willingness to demonstrate DIT’s values and commitment to safety.
For further information, please click the Role Statements;
Recruitment for the Graduate Officer Pool is as follows;
- Email DIT.Recruitment@sa.gov.au with your full application, including:
- Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted.
- Panel interviews will be conducted for shortlisted applicants.
- Reference checks will be completed.
- Successful applicants will be contacted and offered a role.
To be eligible for the Graduate Officer Pool, you must:
- Have completed a minimum three year bachelor degree within the past three years (2018-2020);
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have eligibility to work in Australia; and
- Have completed the application process in full.
How to Apply
Applications are now closed.
To apply, please email DIT.Recruitment@sa.gov.au with your full application, including:
- Pre-Employment Declaration
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcript (official or most recent)
- A copy of current Visa (if applicable)
Please also note that some roles may require a Working with Children Employment Screening and/or Clearances. Applicants will be contacted should they be required to provide such clearances.
For all enquiries, please contact our Recruitment and Employment Team at DIT.Recruitment@sa.gov.au
What is the remuneration?
ASO2 - $55,315 to $59,503 per annum
PO1 - $64,519 to $78,761 per annum
What is the tenure of Vacancy?
Temporary appointment up to 12 months
What are the working hours?
Full-time employees are expected to work 37.5 a week, or 7.5 hours a day. The department however, offers a range of flexible working arrangements. You will be able to discuss the options that best suit you at the interview and/or offer stage.
What does it mean to have roles available within a pool?
The Department will be filling some current vacancies, however, the department will also be creating a ‘pool’ of candidates who can be appointed over the next 12 months should vacancies become available.
Where are the positions located?
Graduate Officer Roles are offered in the Adelaide CBD and metropolitan area. From time to time graduate roles may also be offered in regional locations. If this is a requirement of the role you are being considered for, the Department will discuss it with you at the interview and/or offer stage.