- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - 4 March 2021
- Future Tender Program - 1 April 2021
- Future Tender Program - May 2021
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
A Smoke alarm does not prevent fires....but you can!
A link to the SA Metropolitan Fire Service information on Smoke Alarms is provided for your information.
Your home is fitted with either a:
9V photo optical smoke alarm with non-removable, non replaceable 10 Year Lithium Battery
Mains powered 240V photo optical Smoke Alarm with non-removable, non replaceable 10 year Lithium Battery
NO CHANGING OF BATTERY IS REQUIRED
- THE GREEN INDICATOR LIGHT - (mains powered only) will illuminate to show mains power is present
- AUTOMATIC SELF TEST - the red light will flash every 40 seconds to show that the smoke alarm has performed a test on the smoke chamber (this is normal)
- HUSH BUTTON - Pressing the combined hush.test button silences nuisance alarms and automatically resets after 10 minutes. (The red light will flash every 10 seconds to let you know the unit has been silenced)
- MANUALLY TESTING - Test your smoke alarm weekly - press hush/test button gently until the alarm sounds (it may take up to 5 seconds) WARNING - DO NOT TEST WITH FLAME.
- ALARM CONDITION - In alarm the sounder will activate and the red light will flash rapidly.
- CONTAMINATION - If the unit beeps and the red light does not flash at the same time, it indicates that the smoke chamber may be contaminated. It may need cleaning.
- LOW BATTERY WARNING - If the smoke alarm beeps and the red light flashes at the same time, it indicates the battery is depleted and the entire alarm must be replaced. The lithium battery is designed to power the smoke alarm for 10 years under normal conditions.
When cooking or smoking ensure adequate ventilation
DO NOT PAINT OVER THE SMOKE ALARM
Tenants are strongly encouraged to prepare a home fire escape plan for all family members to follow in the event of a fire. A link to the SA Metropolitan Fire Service information on formulating a Home Fire Escape Plan is provided for your information.
Many of the GEH properties are older properties which may contain asbestos materials.
For tenant safety please ensure the Housing Manager is consulted prior to hanging pictures or making any and all additions or alterations, to ascertain the construction material of the house.
Please see the following page for more information regarding Asbestos.